Situated 50 minutes South from Paris, the Château de Vaux-le-Vicomte is accessible by public transport, by car or with excursions departing from Paris!
How to reach Vaux-le-Vicomte by public transport?
- From Paris Gare de l’Est, take the direct train Line P (in the direction of Provins)
- Get off at the Verneuil l’Etang train station (direct trains every 60 minutes, travel time 35 minutes)
- There is a “Châteaubus” shuttle to pick you up from the Verneuil l’Etang train station to the Château de Vaux-le-Vicomte.
What you must know:
- Buying your tickets online in advance is highly recommended.
- Buying your tickets on board, to the driver, is possible by credit card and cash.
- The access to the shuttle is unfortunately not recommended for people with reduced mobility.
- Consult this webpage a few days before and the day before your venue: if train strikes or pertubations occur, we will update the schedule and useful information here.
- Consult the following schedule and prices before organizing your venue.
Due to current strikes on public transport, the shuttle tickets are not yet available. Please consult this page later.
55 km from Paris – 1 hour
- Take the A4 or A6 motorway, then follow signs to Troyes via the motorway A5.
- The nearest motorway exit to the Château is Exit No.15 signposted to Saint Germain Laxis.
GPS: First enter the municipal area of Maincy, and you will then find the Château de Vaux-le-Vicomte on the D215 local departmental road. GPS co-ordinates (Lat x Long): 48.568727000, 2.713580000
Free parking !
The château does not impose entrance quotas. Nevertheless, the parking has limited places (during rush hours during Christmas period): if you have the possibility to use car sharing, we invite you to do so!
Calculate your route here
PARIS – Château de Vaux-le-Vicomte – Château de Fontainebleau (with tranport)
Discover Vaux-le-Vicomte and Fontainebleau with one of our partners :
- Paris CityVISION proposes a package including transportation from central Paris (2, rue des Pyramides 75001 Paris) and admission with audioguides to both Vaux-le-Vicomte and Fontainebleau.
- Bluefox Travel offers excursions by minibus to both Vaux-le-Vicomte and Fontainebleau