Attention : No cash nor credit card paiement, online booking only
2 possibilities :
1/ Shuttle Melun station ( Rer R) / Vaux-le-Vicomte – round trip for a day visit
Only on week ends and national holidays
Round trip from Melun Station to the castle during the day, Mandatory online booking here. Download the dates and schedules here.
Location of the shuttle (white bus with orange logo) :
Avenue Galieni at Melun, in front of the « café de la gare »
Please note that you also need to book an entrance ticket in order to visit Vaux-le-Vicomte.
Shuttle Melun / Vaux-le-Vicomte – Round trip Candlelit Evenings
Departure from Melun station to Vaux-le-Vicomte. Return from Vaux-le-Vicomte to Paris Gare de Lyon – Online booking mandatory. Download the dates and schedules here.
2/ Shuttle from Paris Bercy / Vaux-le-Vicomte – Round trip for a day visit
On week ends and national holidays
Round trip from Bercy to the château for a day visit. Mandatory Online booking here
Attention : This is a dated ticket valid for a round trip. Please check the date of your ticket.
Schedule for this shuttle
- Departure from Paris Bercy: 10:30am -> Arrival at Vaux-le-Vicomte: 12pm
- Departure from Vaux-le-Vicomte: 4 :30 pm-> Arrival at Paris Bercy: 6pm
Location of the shutttle (white bus with orange logo):
Avenue des terroirs de France – bus station « terroirs de France », Métro Line 14 Cours St Emilion
Shuttle Paris / Vaux-le-Vicomte – Round trip Candlelit Evenings
Departure from Paris Bercy to Vaux-le-Vicomte. Return from Vaux-le-Vicomte to Paris Gare de Lyon – Online booking mandatory.
- Departure Paris Bercy: 4:30pm -> Arrival at Vaux-le-Vicomte: 6pm
- Departure from Vaux-le-Vicomte: 11:30pm -> Arrival at Paris Bercy: 12:15am
PARIS – Château de Vaux-le-Vicomte – Château de Fontainebleau (with tranport)
Discover Vaux-le-Vicomte and Fontainebleau with one of our partners :
- Paris CityVISION proposes a package including transportation from central Paris (2, rue des Pyramides 75001 Paris) and admission with audioguides to both Vaux-le-Vicomte and Fontainebleau.
- Bluefox Travel offers excursions by minibus to both Vaux-le-Vicomte and Fontainebleau
Melun being 10 minutes away from the château by car, it is possible to take the RER R from Paris Gare de Lyon to Melun (RER R is a direct train and Melun is the first stop, 30 minutes ride. Attention the RER D is a non direct train and takes 50 minutes to Melun) and then a cab or an Uber to Vaux-le-Vicomte. Sharing your trip with friends or family may be a solution with public transport at a minimum cost.
55 km from Paris – 1 hour
- Take the A4 or A6 motorway, then follow signs to Troyes via the motorway A5.
- The nearest motorway exit to the Château is Exit No.15 signposted to Saint Germain Laxis.
GPS: First enter the municipal area of Maincy, and you will then find the Château de Vaux-le-Vicomte on the D215 local departmental road. GPS co-ordinates (Lat x Long): 48.568727000, 2.713580000
Free parking !
Calculate your route here