Situated 50 minutes South from Paris, the Château de Vaux-le-Vicomte is accessible by public transport, by car or with excursions departing from Paris!
How to reach Vaux-le-Vicomte by public transport?
- From Paris Gare de l’Est, take the direct train Line P (in the direction of Provins)
- Get off at the Verneuil l’Etang train station (direct trains every 60 minutes, travel time 35 minutes)
- There is a “Châteaubus” shuttle to pick you up from the Verneuil l’Etang train station to the Château de Vaux-le-Vicomte.
What you must know:
- Buying your tickets online in advance is highly recommended.
- Buying your tickets on board, to the driver, is possible by credit card and cash.
- The access to the shuttle is unfortunately not recommended for people with reduced mobility.
- Consult this webpage a few days before and the day before your venue: if train strikes or pertubations occur, we will update the schedule and useful information here.
- Consult the following schedule and prices before organizing your venue.
Because of current restrictions for public gatherings, the shuttle won’t run until further notice.
55 km from Paris – 1 hour
- Take the A4 or A6 motorway, then follow signs to Troyes via the motorway A5.
- The nearest motorway exit to the Château is Exit No.15 signposted to Saint Germain Laxis.
GPS: First enter the municipal area of Maincy, and you will then find the Château de Vaux-le-Vicomte on the D215 local departmental road. GPS co-ordinates (Lat x Long): 48.568727000, 2.713580000
Free parking !
The château does not impose entrance quotas. Nevertheless, the parking has limited places (during rush hours during Christmas period): if you have the possibility to use car sharing, we invite you to do so!
Calculate your route here
PARIS – Château de Vaux-le-Vicomte – Château de Fontainebleau (with tranport)
Discover Vaux-le-Vicomte and Fontainebleau with one of our partners :
- Paris CityVISION proposes a package including transportation from central Paris (2, rue des Pyramides 75001 Paris) and admission with audioguides to both Vaux-le-Vicomte and Fontainebleau.
- Bluefox Travel offers excursions by minibus to both Vaux-le-Vicomte and Fontainebleau