Because of current restrictions for public gatherings, the shuttle won’t run until further notice.
Following the latest government announcements, Vaux-le-Vicomte and its gardens remain closed until further notice. The festivities planned during the Easter weekend are cancelled.
The team of the domain hopes to see you back in full form in a few weeks.
55 km from Paris – 1 hour
- Take the A4 or A6 motorway, then follow signs to Troyes via the motorway A5.
- The nearest motorway exit to the Château is Exit No.15 signposted to Saint Germain Laxis.
GPS: First enter the municipal area of Maincy, and you will then find the Château de Vaux-le-Vicomte on the D215 local departmental road. GPS co-ordinates (Lat x Long): 48.568727000, 2.713580000
Free parking !
The château does not impose entrance quotas. Nevertheless, the parking has limited places (during rush hours during Christmas period): if you have the possibility to use car sharing, we invite you to do so!
Calculate your route here
[Unavailable until further notice] Situated 50 minutes South from Paris, the Château de Vaux-le-Vicomte is accessible by public transport, by car or with excursions departing from Paris!
The following information will be valid as of the shuttle runs again.
How to reach Vaux-le-Vicomte by public transport?
- From Paris Gare de l’Est, take the direct train Line P (in the direction of Provins)
- Get off at the Verneuil l’Etang train station (direct trains every 60 minutes, travel time 35 minutes)
- There is a “Châteaubus” shuttle to pick you up from the Verneuil l’Etang train station to the Château de Vaux-le-Vicomte.
What you must know:
- Buying your tickets online in advance is highly recommended.
- Buying your tickets on board, to the driver, is possible by credit card and cash.
- The access to the shuttle is unfortunately not recommended for people with reduced mobility.
- Consult this webpage a few days before and the day before your venue: if train strikes or pertubations occur, we will update the schedule and useful information here.
- Consult the following schedule and prices before organizing your venue.
Alternative with public transport : Melun being 5 to 10 minutes away from the château by car, it is possible to take the RER D or the R line from Paris Gare de Lyon to Melun and then a cab or an Uber to Vaux-le-Vicomte. Sharing your trip with friends or family may be a solution with public transport at a minimum cost.
PARIS – Château de Vaux-le-Vicomte – Château de Fontainebleau (with tranport)
Discover Vaux-le-Vicomte and Fontainebleau with one of our partners :
- Paris CityVISION proposes a package including transportation from central Paris (2, rue des Pyramides 75001 Paris) and admission with audioguides to both Vaux-le-Vicomte and Fontainebleau.
- Bluefox Travel offers excursions by minibus to both Vaux-le-Vicomte and Fontainebleau
INSIDR tested the transport by train and châteaubus shuttle: see how it works in a few seconds!