Getting to Vaux-le-Vicomte from Paris is easy and takes under 1 hour!
From Paris by public transportation:
- Take the RER R train to Melun from Gare de Lyon (it is a 30-minute direct train). You can purchase tickets in front of the track.
- When you arrive in Melun take a 10-minute taxi or Uber* to the chateau.
- Every day until December 31, you can take our Châteaubus to Melun. For the schedule click here, and to book the Chateaubus, which MUST BE BOOKED IN ADVANCE click here.
Chateaubus spot: Melun, Avenue Gallieni in front of the Café de la Gare
Shuttle planned from Melun for “Vaux-le-Vicomte in celebration” – Every Saturday and Sunday from November 19 to December 18 and every day during winter holidays from December 19 to 31. Schedule to come.
*TAXIS from Melun Station:
If you take a taxi from Melun Station to Vaux le Vicomte, here are the approximative fares ( they use the taxi meter) :
- Melun Station to vaux during the day : 18-20€
- Vaux- Melun station during the day : 20-25€
- Add 5 € one way during night hours
- You may have to add another 5€ if the taxi has to go around the long plane tree road leading to the château , when it is closed.
Please avoid the non official taxis who do not have a licence nor a taxi meter. Also, your insurance will not cover you in case of accident.
From Paris by car:
- Take the A4 or A6 motorway, then follow signs to Troyes via the motorway A5.
- Take exit 15 and follow the signs to the chateau.
Parking is free.
Or enjoy a day at Vaux-le-Vicomte and Fontainebleau with one of our partners:
- Paris CityVISION has a package that includes transportation from central Paris (2, rue des Pyramides), admission, and audioguides to both Vaux-le-Vicomte and Fontainebleau.
- Bluefox Travel offers excursions by minibus to both Vaux-le-Vicomte and Fontainebleau