Visitors with reduced mobility
The owner family of the château has two wishes, sometimes conflicting: to preserve the monument and to open it to the greatest number. Unfortunately, the access for disabled persons often requires facilities which are not compatible with the monument preservation as a part of French Heritage.
Installing ramps or tarmac the alleys, for example, would misrepresent the drawing and initial wish of the 17th century creators, and would affect the aesthetics and the preservation of the building as a Historic Monument.
However, as a counterpart, we are planning works and new means of visit to enable disabled persons to discover this masterpiece :
Useful information – People with reduced mobility
- A reduced entry price is setting up for disabled people. This ticket is delivered at the entrance of the estate upon the presentation of a disabled card. Find out more about our prices here. If you are a structure specialised in the personalised accompaniment of disabled persons, please contact us by email at email@example.com .
- Reserved parking spaces are positionned on the principal parking (find out on the map HERE). The estate is accessible by car or by train with the shuttlebus: find out more about the transportation to Vaux-le-Vicomte here.
- Toilets for disabled people are available at the entrance of the estate.
- We truly regret to propose the access to the ground floor only that involves about 30 steps. The staff is available to help should you require assistance (manual wheelchairs only).
- The French Formal Garden, the carriage Museum and the restoration points are all fully available for disabled people.
- Electric cars are available for rent to visit the French Formal Garden (four seats, 20€ for 45 minutes – except for the Grand Siècle Day)
- Guide dogs are permitted on all the estate for blind people and people in need.
- A manual wheelchair is available at the entrance of the château to visit the ground floor only.
Useful information – Strollers and children
- Strollers are not allowed inside the château for preservation issues. A strollers parking is at your disposal at the entrance of it.
- Strollers are not allowed inside the restaurant Le Relais de l’Ecureuil: a strollers parking is at your disposal in front of it.
- Baby highchairs and microwaves are available inside the restaurant Le Relais de l’Ecureuil.
- Changing tables are available in the toilets at the entrance of the estate.